Sunday, December 14, 2008

Give me power!

Ok, I've been stuck now for days in no electricity HELL! Thursday night Dec. 11 was the beginning of a bad ice storm in this area. I've had no power since so I have no idea what's going on in the rest of the world. Dennis just got his hands on a generator which is why I'm able to use my computer. It's now Sunday and there's no end in sight for us. We haven't seen any power crews and even if the town fixed the problems, we are still disconnected from the pole since our lines are sitting on the ground with a tree over them!
Luckily we have an awesome wood burning stove that's keeping us warm. I'm able to heat up food and water as needed as well. Our biggest worry is the hot tub pipes freezing so Dennis has a small propane heater outside keeping that as warm as possible.

What to do with myself? I can't craft in my craftroom since it's in the basement and pitch black! Luckily I just got my laptop back so I'll probably be doing some digi scrapping later. Here are some pics of our icy winter wonderland...

Here are Travis & Kyla's cars cover with one of our lovely birch trees.



View of our dirt road.

Update...Dennis just saw a parade of power trucks from all over New England (CT, RI) nearby...I think they're coming to save us!!!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

I keeping my fingers crossed that you get power back SOON! My offer still stands if you want to come by.

Unknown said...

Let me know if there's anything I can do, as well, Karen. Hoping you get to see the 60-degree weather today that they are predicting for us here!