Sunday, December 21, 2008

Power update and what's goin' on for the holidays!

Well, we finally got power back last Tuesday night! How thrilled were we to see that gorgeous power truck show up all the way from Rhode Island! I feel like I've lost a week of my life and that's not good when Christmas is a week away!!! So much to do! It's currently snowing for the 3rd day in a row now but that won't keep me from finishing up the much needed shopping I had to do yesterday. I'm finally in good shape now. With the power back, I was able to make Christmas cookies that I put off due to the storm. I think I made 4 batches! YUMMY! Here's a couple pics...I like to make the cookies 2 different ways - round thumb prints and the traditional Swedish way my Mima used to make them. It tastes the same both ways but it brings me back to when I was little to make them Mima's way.


1 comment:

Pamela said...

Yum! These cookies look awesome! I am making jam thumbprints tonight. The Swedish way looks easier!