Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Getting to know me...Christmas Edition

This was a list of questions from a thread on SS...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love both! Depends on the gift and how much time I have.
2. Real tree or artificial? I love a real tree but I'm really an artificial tree girl at heart. I like to put the tree up on Thanksgiving and I hate vacuuming tree needles.
3. How many trees do you put up in your home? One...although Kyla has a tiny one on her vanity.
4. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving.
5. When do you take the tree down? After New Years when I get my energy back to put all the decorations away.
6. Do you like eggnog? Not really. Depends if there's booze in it.
7. Favorite gift received as a child? I always loved my XMas presents. I can't single out just one
8. Favorite person to buy for? This year...Travis...I have a really great idea for a gift and I'm having fun purchasing it.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My girls...they always give me a list.
10. Do you have a nativity scene? I have 2. One is really old from when I was a kid and the other is a new Jim Shore Scene that my Mom bought me last year.
11. Angel on the tree top or a star? Always a star...
12. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? That's not a nice question.
13. Favorite Christmas movie? Christmas Carol for nostalgia's sake...National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation to laugh my ass off!
14. When do you start shopping? I pick up a couple little things during the summer with full intention of getting it done early and then don't do anything else until after Thanksgiving. Someday I'll learn. I used to be close to finished at Thanksgiving but since I work full time now, those days are over. I LOVE internet shopping!
15. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I have only regifted small Yankee Swap type gifts
16. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies!
17. Lights on the tree? Of course! White ones...no multi color or flashing!
18. Favorite Christmas song? Ring Christmas Bells.
19. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Christmas Eve at home...Christmas day day at Mother-in-laws.
20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Sometimes.
21. Are you a day after Thanksgiving shopper? Never used to me but Dennis has dragged me out of bed the past couple years.
22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Eve with my family...Morning with kids and hubby.
23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Crowds at the stores and traffic.
24. Favorite ornament/tree theme or color? RED is my favorite color any time of the year.
25. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? We do simple. Italian Meatballs, calzones, etc.
26. Do you go to church Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Yeah...I used to...
27. Family tradition? It's not Christmas until my sisters and I play "The Partridge Family Christmas album". I know...sad.
28. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
29. How many cards do you send out? Less and less every year. Probably about 30 or 40.
30. What do you want for Christmas this year? Nothing...saving for a new kitchen. Home Depot cards would be great!
__________________

No comments: